Search for Tech, Games, and More!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Gaming at Christmas


First let me say, sorry I haven't posted more. It's been kind of a crazy few weeks, and life isn't getting back to normal anytime soon.

Anyways, Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. Not only do we celebrate the best brithday in the universe, (Jesus Christ in case you weren't following), we get time off from work, gifts to and from people we love.

In gaming, it's kind of interesting because we often feel a need to give in game items to people we know. Do you get your guild something? Do you get your closest friends something?

Heck, I have my husband whom I not only have to figure out what to get in the here and now, but also in our alter egos in WoW. My nephew is in that same boat. It's an interesting thought because there are so many people who swear that an online life is nothing compared to a real life. While I mostly agree, I do believe an online existance also has it's own reasons for being. We still connect to people, and those people may not be in the same state, but we still feel we have connections to them.

So, go out and get your guild something. Have a guild event. Enjoy Christmas. Sing Happy Birthday to Christ, and remember why we're all here.

No comments: